Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Weddings weddings and more weddings.

I think everyone and their momma is getting married right now, or maybe it's just my family. Haha. I have had a blast, though. I wouldn't trade it for anything. My entire weekend has been wedding related. On Saturday I got to spend some much needed girl time  picking our bridesmaids dresses for my cousin, Buffy's, wedding. This must be a very popular time a year to get married because David's Bridal was packed. After trying on about a million dresses (and by a million, I mean like five, but I hate shopping.) I finally found one I really liked.




I normally hate dress shopping because it is SO hard to find something that fits me. I am very much pear-shaped. Last time I measured there was almost a ten inch difference between my waist and my hips. Everything that is made to fit my top I usually can't even pull up past my backside. Luckily, this one was a stretchier material and it ended up being really cute. I was slightly lumpy in it, so unless I want Zach to help saran wrap my stomach I need to work off some of this winter padding. No more sweet tea! We'll see how long that lasts.







Yesterday my cousin, Kristin, got married. I did her hair and makeup and she was so beautiful. I also photographed it. You should have seen us loading her up in my little car to take bridal portraits on the square. We were freezing and people kept stopping to watch us take pictures. I guess you don't see a girl in a wedding dress walking down the sidewalk everyday. I loved the wedding, too! It was small and there wasn't a wedding march. Just lots of love and laughs. Their baby was the best man and he was sooo precious. I love non-traditional weddings. Weddings are a celebration, not a performance.

Well, I have to go run and then go grocery shopping. I am making dinner for Zach tonight and the recipe is complicated! Salt, pepper, pork chops. I hope I can manage it.

Love,
Emily.



(Hahaha. My face.)

No comments:

Post a Comment